The truly awesome EHang Ghostdrone 2.0
Ehang are quickly earning a name for themselves and, like their drones, are rapidly soaring through the ranks of top Drone vendors with the EHang Ghostdrone 2.0. This is partly due to the revelation of the World’s First manned drone at the Consumer Electronics Show in January, creating a storm of hype around the brand and earning them the reputation of being The One to Watch over the next couple of years.
But futuristic flying vehicles aside, their drones available on the market currently are certainly in line with the likes of DJI. The Ghostdrone 2.0 has recently landed at Data Select and boasts powerful features, not yet seen in a drone at this price point.
As well as supporting useful features such as Follow Me and Hover, the USP to highlight is certainly the Waypoint Mode, which allows the ‘pilot’ to plot the course. This is a great tool for seamless flying, and will certainly prove useful in the likes of real estate and professional demonstrations.
The new drone includes several major new features, including:
- Tilt Control – The EHang Ghostdrone 2.0’s proprietary Tilt Control enables consumers to steer with their phone instead of complex RCA controls or the challenging manoeuvrability of “point and tap” app navigation. Drone pilots operate the drone through EHang’s mobile app, which is compatible with both Apple and Android devices.
- VR Goggles – To create a truly immersive flight experience, the goggles let users see directly out of the “eyes” of the drone in real time, allowing pilots to take flight in the “cockpit” of the EHang Ghostdrone 2.0. When combined with Tilt Control, users have precise control the drone without the bulk of additional hardware thanks to the goggles’ built-in sensitivity to movement: when you turn your head, the camera turns as well.
- Seamless filming – The EHang Ghostdrone’s app integration enables its user to control both the drone and its camera simultaneously, removing the hassle of managing both the gimbal and drone separately by two people.
- New, streamlined design – The EHang Ghostdrone 2.0’s interior specs marry approachability with top-line design and engineering, making it a must-have for first-time fliers and drone enthusiasts alike.
- Full-year replacement policy – The EHang Ghostdroen 2.0 was designed with safety and durability in mind. But when accidents happen, EHang’s 12-month warranty guarantee ensures consumers will be back in the air as quickly as possible.